Calcium is one of the main minerals needed by animals to grow, develop and produce. Its main function in the animal is for bone and teeth formation. A deficiency or imbalance in calcium can cause poor growth rates, poor bone development, reduced milk output, and milk fever – a metabolic disease caused by a low blood calcium level (hypocalcaemia).
What is Stocklime?
Stocklime is made from naturally occurring Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3)
What does Stocklime do?
Stocklime does the same as Aglime, but also provides the added bonus of dried calcium for livestock in their diet for bone, teeth and milk formation.
- Stocklime neutralises soil acidity to maintain a proper soil pH range
- Provides the element Calcium essential to maintain plant cell functions
- Stimulates micro bacterial activity in the soil to aid plant nutrient availability
- Stimulates root growth the help minimise soil erosion
- Reduces the effects of manganese and aluminium toxicity in plants
- Improves soil structures and textures permitting extensive cropping
- Liberates essential trace elements such as Molybdenum
Why use Kurdeez Stocklime?
- Neutralise soil acidity caused by frequent application of ammonia and nitrogen-based fertilisers
- Promote efficient conservation of essential nutrients by soil bacteria
- Restore the critical soil balance upset by normal cropping
- Available all year round